Bringing Back Positive Energy Mondays (PEM): Friend, Author, Educator and Life Coach Diane Lang will start us off (again)!
BUT: I have to share this:
Back to Diane Lang and Simplicity!
How Simple It is To Have A Great Life!
by Diane Lang
We make life harder then it needs to be.
There are so many simple things we can do in our everyday life that would make our lives fuller and richer. We could live a positive lifestyle, it’s a realistic goal. Here are some simple ways to add happiness into your daily lifestyle. Make each of these simple things part of your daily lifestyle and see/feel the changes.
It’s easier then you think…
1. See the glass half full. Change your perspective/view and the world changes with you.
2. Wake up each day with a “Gratitude check” – take the first few minutes of each day to appreciate all the good in your life. Each day remember you woke up, you could see the sun shinning, you have a roof over your head, food to eat, water to drink, air to breathe, friends to talk to and much more.. There is always something to be grateful for, it’s just reminding yourself of it.
3. Flow – each day try to do an activity that you love that life just flows for that time. It could be ten minutes or a few hours but just make sure to add flow into your daily life.
4. Make sure your basic needs are met. Did you drink 8-10 glasses of water each day ( not tea, coffee or soda)? Did you get at least 7-8 hours of sleep? Did you eat healthy? Exercise? Etc.? Our cognitive abilities and state of mind depends on our basic needs being met. Make your health a priority.
5. Show love today. Did you give a hug? A kiss? Hold someone’s hand? Pat them on the shoulder? If not, then go give a hug ASAP!
6. Always say thank you to anyone and everyone who deserves it. Also, remember to say Sorry if it’s needed as well. Keep open lines of communication.
7. Be an active listener – no interruptions, be patient and let the person speak, really listen and pause before answering, summarize what they said and ask questions if needed.
8. Be an empathetic listener – imagine how the other person is feeling. Put yourself in their shoes.
9. Have a Career not a job – do what you love.
10. Smile, laugh – all are contagious – spread the joy.
11. Step outside your comfort zone today – take a small risk each and everyday.
12. Add variety to your day. Even small things like taking a new route to work, trying a new food or drink will bring bursts of happiness.
13. Learn – each and everyday did you learn something new? This can be informal learning through discussions, movies, newspapers, current events etc.
14. Stay in touch with your friends and family.
15. Visualize your dreams each and every day. If you can’t see it, you will have trouble reaching it.
16. Take a vacation – refuel and refresh, you will be more productive and creative in both your personal and professional life.
17. Be a great role model – your kids will follow in your shoes.
18. Pay it forward – random acts of kindness each and every day.
19. Perseverance – never give up.
20. Be self-aware – know yourself.
21. Less TV, Cell phones, Internet, Video Games. Social media and more face to face time with loved ones.
22. Forgiveness – forgive for you so you can move forward with your life.
23. The past has some great teachable moments but don’t live in the past.
24. Live in the moment.
25. Plan for the future.
26. Work on what you CAN control in your life. If you can’t control it, let it go.
27. Always ask for help if you need it.
Therapist, Educator and Life Coach Diane Lang has dedicated her career to helping people turn their lives around and is now on a mission to help them develop a sustainable positive attitude that can actually turn one into an optimist, literally. A therapist and educator of Positive Psychology, she has seen that it can provide a strong foundation for finding great happiness and is gratified that it is becoming a mainstream method of treatment.
For More information please visit Diane’s website:www.dlcounseling.com or e-mail Diane at Lifeline36@aol.com
Thanks for taking the time to stop by! Writer Wednesday returns as well. I’ll be exploring your questions from last week’s Twitter-related posts. See you then!