First: a giant shout-out birthday wish for peace, health and joy this upcoming year to my favorite Leo–my hubby! Love you, honey! Hope you have a wonderful day! (Can’t you just see that lion of mine puffing up as he reads this… :D)
Nice to be back after a busy week. Working an abbreviated schedule but still had to go in four days (instead of the scheduled two–how does that happen?). What should have been a fun weekend at the shore turned out to be taking care of my favorite kitty all weekend. My Blackjack has something infectious going on and hopefully won’t need to be hospitalized b/c of dehydration (or worse). Antibiotics seem to be helping but he’s not eating or drinking (unless I force it via a syringe). With a little luck, the power of the Twitter and Facebook collectives might have some ideas. I’m open to suggestions.
In the meantime, some wonderful reminders of how an ‘attitude of gratitude’ can change any perspective. Cool little tidbit I heard earlier: a friend wrote daily gratitude lists. One day, when she wasn’t feeling particularly thankful, someone suggested she write a list of things that were bothering her instead. While filing the ‘gripe list’ she came across the a gratitude list and noticed each item was incredibly similar–just her thinking on the individual days was different when she wrote each list. Go figure. It really can be all about HOW we choose to see things.
With that, I pass on to you, directly from my inbox, my great friend Diane Lang’s most recent communique to me.
As I sit outside in my backyard on this lazy July day, I become mindful of everything around me. I realize all that I have and need is with me right here and now. I realize that on days when the glass seems half empty I should realize how full it is by pouring in some gratitude and appreciation for all I have. So, I sat still for about forty five minutes and soaked in all that life has to offer and surprisingly it was all free. This list is just a reminder of all the abundance we have in our lives at any moment. This is a reminder to live in the here and now. We are our happiest when we live in the moment.
- The clear sky with it’s bright blue coloring
- The sun shining
- The warmth that I feel on my skin on this sunny beautiful day
- The breeze that cooled me off
- The green grass that feels cool on my feet
- The beautiful surroundings that make me smile every time I look around me
- A sense of higher power – looking around at all this beauty there has to be something bigger then us
- My adorable 12 year old golden retriever who doesn’t seem to realize he is aging while he nudges me with his ball
- The local libraries that offer me free books, movies and magazines which I took advantage of on this beautiful, lazy day
- The ability to read my books and use my creativity and imagination to a get a full view of the characters and the story I’m reading. There is nothing like visualizing!
- The freedom to choose what I want to do with my time and my life. I’m lucky to have the freedom to take the day off and enjoy it the way I please
- The ability to change my perspective at any time. I have the ability to see the glass half full or empty – I choose full!
- The ability to laugh and smile
- The ability to enjoy my family and friends.
- To give and receive love
Free Webinar Thursday, July 28th at 7pm – Letting go of anger: Join Brian Keating and Diane Lang by phone and/or computer and learn tips on preventing anger, letting go of anger and dealing with anger.
The workshop is free- e-mail Diane Lang if you want to join us at Lifeline36@aol.com
Check out www.marketmommy.com a great new blog for moms!
My great friend Prisicilia Ortiz now has room in her schedule for new clients. If you looking for life coaching, please feel free to e-mail Prisicilia firstname.lastname@example.org
A life coach can help motivate and empower you to live your best life.
Thanks for taking the time, folks! If you liked what you read, please take a minute and click one (or all :)) of the share buttons below! Off to bake a birthday cake, a zucchini pie and pick up a birthday card for my birthday boy. Have a great day and catch you later this week!